THE CHOLISTAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (AMENDMENT) ACT 1999
(Pb. Act XIII of 1999)
[4 September 1999]
An Act further to amend the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976)
Preamble.— Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976), in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Cholistan Development Authority (Amendment) Act 1999.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Addition of section 4A in Act XIV of 1976.— In the Cholistan Development Authority Act, 1976 (XIV of 1976), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, after section 4, the following section 4A shall be added—
“4A. Vice Chairman.— (1) The Government may designate a member as Vice Chairman of the Authority.
(2) The Vice Chairman shall perform such functions including the functions of the Managing Director as may be assigned to him by the Authority.”
3. Amendment of section 13 of Act XIV of 1976.— In the said Act, in section 13, for sub-section (4), the following shall be substituted—
“(4) The meetings of the Authority shall be presided over by the Chairman and in his absence by the Vice Chairman and in the absence of both, by the member of the Authority elected for the purpose by the members present from amongst themselves.”
4. Repeal.— The Cholistan Development Authority (Amendment) Ordinance 1999 (XXXV of 1999) is hereby repealed.
This Act was passed by the Punjab Assembly on 20th August, 1999; assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 31st August, 1999; and, was published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 4th September, 1999, pages 1249 to 1250.